Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Believe

Apex, NC... In the six inches of storage space between my ears, magic is about to happen. It's New Year's Believe. December 30th. I will lose the 20 pounds. I will earn a better living. I will exercise more. I will renew ties with all the people I have not talked to this year. I will clean the attic. Man, right now I firmly believe I will do all this and more. 2009 will be my avenue. I am so excited. Well, once 2009 is here, I can guarantee many of the believes will start to leave... Some of my resolutions become unresoluted. I have less odds to succeed in all my believes than my beloved Detroit Lions... It happened in 2008, and every year back. Dang it, it always happens.

I cannot improve everything because of one major factor... I am human.

Here is what I can do though. This is the easy stuff. I can smile when I see you. I can make you laugh. I can enjoy each day as if it is my last. I can be kind to friend and stranger. I can give honest feedback. I can focus on others and help them become better.

And most importantly, everytime I am in contact with someone; by e-mail, SMS, phone and face-to-face, I will walk away from the interaction with BOTH of us better people.

That is a New Year's Believe that will happen...

Happy selling!

No comments: